May 25, 2009

Fashion and Science Fiction

I love comic book movies and select sci-fi ones - it's probably the science nerd in me. You might think I'm crazy to see some connection between fashion and science fiction. But I'm not the only one thinking along these lines. Fun! Marvel comics is releasing a fashion comic named Models Inc. on Aug. 26 starring Tim Gunn. Similar to his role on Project Runway, Tim will act as the "wise one," helping to solve the crime of a young set designer murdered during New York Fashion Week — all while wearing an Iron Man suit! (Source - fabsugar) This post was was mainly inspired by Terminator Salvation. What drove me to go watch it the weekend it was released was Cristian Bale, and the curiosity to see who was good enough to replace Arnold Schwarzenegger as Marcus Wright (in that order of priority). And I came out totally smitten with Sam Worthington and girl-crushing Moon Bloodgood. As hard as it was to pick them out, I managed to compile my fave sci-fi + Marvel movie moments...

Source:

Fantastic Four:mikecs.net, the-reel-mccoy.com, weblogs.variety.com, serieframjandet.se, screenrant.com X Men:movie-holic.com, collider.com, internationalhero.co.uk, screenrant.com, blog.movieset.com, filmofilia.com, canalred.info, blogcdn.com Star Trek:z.about.com, wiw.org, image.examiner.com, superheroprofiles.com Batman: moviesmedia.ign.com, media.photobucket.com, batman-movie-buzz.com Spiderman: celebritywonder.com Blade:cinemablend.com, aceshowbiz.com Aeon Flux:franksreelreviews.com, ffmedia.ign.com, dallasnews.com,vitamingirls.info, moviesmedia.ign.com, mtv.com Terminator Salvation: yahoo.com

2 comments:

  1. after reading this post feel extremely compelled to know you. i too share a mad love for comic book movies and sci-fi. ESPECIALLY the wardrobes in them. I'm also just generally impressed by your blog. mine sucks lol, but I'm working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much "Yours Truly"!!!!!!! I am very, very flattered! I checked out your blog and its a work in progress, start thinking that you love it and everything about it, and it will show. I liked the 'pride' picture a lot!

    ReplyDelete