May 19, 2009

"You are what you eat"

I think this saying is true for most people from what I have experienced and observed. I know it is for me. I had mentioned in my Jessica Biel post that I used to be a 'yo-yoer'. I decided to change that forever last year. It has been exactly one year (~ May 15th) and I am proud to say that I have lost 20 lbs and more importantly for me - I have maintained it. My problem is that I am super short and I LOVE ALL kinds of food. But I did find a way to be at a healthy weight and eat what I want - portion control. I believe everyone's formula for success is different. Mine is = 5 days of work-out + 80% eating healthy + be active.
I summarized my eating habits in the chart above and I follow it at least 80% of the time. The picture sizes are roughly in the proportions I eat those foods. I try not to be too rigid or else I always run the risk of binge eating when I have a weak moment. For example, breakfast is not supposed to exceed 200 cals for my height, but I have my 'power oatmeal b-fast' twice a week. Picture sources: freediettips.com,cksinfo.com,diet.com,fitnessmantra.info,lefromageperdu.wordpress.com, thedailygreen.com, teamsugar.com, fruitsstar.com, dairy.com/au, bewellbuzz.com, brucefong.files.wordpress.com,flickr.com,files.wordpress.com,temasekpoly.files.wordpress.com,tippinthescales.files.wordpress.com, zackchicken.com, myrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment