September 17, 2009

Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day


I wasn't really interested in watching this movie until they showed it on cable. The problem with most cable channels are the commericals, and I am used to them and don't mind them for the most part. But when a movie such as this one really gets my attention and I begin to like it, I have to watch the whole thing without interruption. So yes, I wonder why I didn't watch it any sooner for it is simply delightful!! (trying to use old school English like in the movie!)
Amy Adams and Frances McDormand fit their roles beautifully and I need to add that my respect for Amy Adams as an actress grows with every role I see her in, even Enchanted! The clothes, the settings, the tone of the movie, the music, the drama are so captivating. It even managed to make me a fan of the 30s! Lee Pace as Michael is so dreamy and the If I didn't care cover, heart-breaking.
Decor note: What really makes me love the old school interior design are the little quirky elements such as the low relief mural-like art on the walls in the living room, the wallpaper in the dressing room area and the multiple mirrors (love that they are not mounted on the wall). These really make the glamour and the colours in the rooms more interesting.

Source: imdb, allmoviephoto, The Paris Appartment

No comments:

Post a Comment